If you ever visit health conscious cafes such as Proteini or About Life, you may have noticed the unusual health trend called The Bulletproof Coffee.What is it? Well, first of all, it’s a coffee. It is a regular long black with cow’s milk butter, or coconut oil or/and MCT oil. Then it blended all together and it’s ready to serve. MCT oil is Medium-chain triglycerides (or MCTs for short) are made up of medium-chain fatty acids and basically it’s very easy for the body to break down and use as energy. So if you want extra energy boost you can add MCT oil to your coffee together with either coconut or grass fed butter. MCT can be purchased at any major health store.
I’ve never heard about Bulletproof coffee until my best friend (who is also very into the same healthy lifestyle as I am) made it for me in his own kitchen. Seeing butter falling into my coffee cup freaked me out, first of all because I consider butter being unhealthy, second of all because its kinda gross if you are seeing it for the first time. Apparently, butter is packed with nutrients if it’s organic and grass fed cow butter…You have to use organic coffee with it too. Don’t like the idea of using butter? Try coconut oil.
Benefits of Bulletproof Coffee:
1. Gives greater mental focus and clarity.
2. Give a caffeine lift without the wonky stomach we get from coffee.
3. Assists with weight loss.
4. Sustain your energy level longer (i.e., no “crash”).
5. Fill you up for the whole day.
How to make BulletProof coffee:
1. Make a cup of organic long black coffee
2. Add full cream grass fed cow milk or coconut milk
3. Take 2 table spoons of organic grass fed cow butter
4. Add a spoon of organic coconut oil or MCT oil
3. Mix butter, oil and coffee in blender